Memorial Villages Police Department Community Services
The Community Services Division works to increase the effectiveness of the police department, reduce crime and increase the quality of life by strengthening the relationship with the community that they serve. Community Services works to strengthen public trust and communication through partnerships, education, involvement and interaction with the community.
To attain these goals, Community Services partner with local governments, neighborhoods, churches and schools and use a community based problem solving approach.
The officers that are assigned to Community Services understand that they are the face of the police department and are often the first officer that a resident meets.
The Community Services Division offers numerous community services and programs, including:
- Station tours and safety programs for Scouts
- Department tours
- Neighborhood crime prevention meetings
- Public education for adults and children
- Home security inspections
- D.A.R.E and G.R.E.A.T programs for 5th grade and up
- Cyber safety, bike safety, 911 bullying programs for all grades
- National Night Out and Village Independence Festival planning and logistical support
Community Services Officers
Field Operations Commander Eric Jones – Manages and coordinates the division
“OG” Miller – Full time DARE and GREAT teacher
17 years at MVPD
8 years teaching DARE and GREAT
2013 Texas DARE officer of the year
Larry Boggus –
Community Services Officer
14 years in law enforcement
Michelle Owens – Assigned to Memorial Drive Elementary
12 years as DARE, GREAT and POWER instructor.